On October 3rd 2019, MINI Motorist gathered from all over the GTA to attend our MINI Toronto Electrify the Night Event. As an appreciation to our loyal customers, guests enjoyed delicious fusion food catered by ME.N.U
, a handcrafted specialty drink - “Turn Down for Watt” by SipBar
, and beers generously provided by Steamwhistle
. No night is complete without amazing tunes, thanks to music from DJ Naughty Vee.
Guests had the rare opportunity to meet special guest World MINI Ambassador, Charlie Cooper who unveiled the never-before-seen in North America, the MINI SE, while introducing the all-new JCW Line-U in our very showroom.
With the new MINI Cooper SE, the British brand once again sets a pioneering impetus for urban mobility. 60 years ago, the revolutionary design principle of the classic MINI established the basis for maximum interior space within a minimum surface area. The MINI was launched in 2001 – a modern re-interpretation of creative space usage and unique riding fun that became the original in the premium segment of small cars.
The new MINI Cooper SE will be the first purely electric premium small car, paving the way to a sustainable yet at the same time highly emotional driving experience in urban traffic.
The new MINI Cooper SE: an overview of the highlights:
· Electric motor with 135 kW/ (181 hp US) and 270 Nm. (199 lb-ft)
· Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 235 to 270 kilometers – without compromising luggage space. (NOTE: US EPA estimated range figures not available)
· Can be charged at a household 120 volt socket, wall mounted charger or public charging stations, fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
· Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low center of gravity, front-wheel drive and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
· Acceleration from zero to 62 MPH in 7.3 seconds.
· Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
· Model-specific display and control elements in the interior. • Recuperation can be configured at two levels for individual one-pedal feeling.
· Standard equipment features include LED headlamps, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, heating with heat pump technology, auxiliary heating, electric parking brake and Connected Navigation.
With its new John Cooper Works Clubman and John Cooper Works Countryman, MINI introduces what is by some measure the most powerful models ever approved for public road use in the brand’s sixty-year history. The 301 hp. 4-cylinder turbo engine in the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman both display outstanding performance in the compact premium segment. In both models, the extraordinarily powerful engine is combined as standard with a new 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission, including mechanical differential lock on the front axle, an ALL4 all-wheel drive system, a specifically engineered chassis, and additional reinforcement modifications for the body structure, engine connection and chassis fastenings. This enables the John Cooper Works racing sensation to attain a completely new dimension of performance.
Summary of highlights: The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
· New 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology and 301 hp. with 331 ft.-lbs. of torque.
· Increase in output compared to the previous models: 73 hp.
· Cooling concept incorporates know-how from the race track.
· New exhaust system with remarkable sound development and Petrol particulate filter compliant with the Euro 6d-TEMP standard.
· MINI ALL4 all-wheel drive as standard.
· New 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheel.
· Model-specific chassis design and coordination.
· New bigger John Cooper Works sport brake system.
· Extremely rigid body structure, motor connection and chassis fastenings.
· New LED headlights, and LED rear lights in Union Jack design in the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman.
Sourced – MINI USA News
Charlie Cooper — The legacy of the Cooper Company
WHY A MINI IS PERFECT FOR EVERY ADVENTURE